Landscape en Pastel Workshop

Want to learn how to create a landscape painting in pastel? Maybe you already do, but want to learn some new tricks or just hone your skills. Either way, I have a workshop for you. Often, artists have difficulty interpreting one or more features in the landscape. Trees look awkward, colors appear dull, no sense of depth, overall the painting looks flat. I've been there, I've done that. You want to create a painting you feel you can step right into. I can help with that.

This coming April, I will be teaching a 3-day workshop on landscape painting in pastels at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art in St. Joseph, MO. This workshop will cover materials, techniques, framing, values, composition, perspective and how to interpret a landscape in an impressionistic and tranquil manner from photo references. What is learned from this workshop can also be applied to plein air painting. I will open each day with a lecture followed with a 2hr demonstration. After lunch, attendees will be able to paint the remaining part of the day under my guidance while I go around to assist and answer any questions.
This won't be a basic materials and techniques type workshop. And I won't take up too much time and bore you with color theory, that's textbook material and can easily be learned on your own. Though, those things will be briefly explained in lecture/demo. Instead, I will be focusing on teaching/showing exactly how I do it. My techniques, my steps, my color choices. Use aerial perspective to create mood and depth, and create luminosity with fractured color---that's my secret to a tranquil painting. I can help you get your pastel paintings to the next level. 

Lunch will be provided by the museum's chef.

Supply list will be available after signing up.
Attendees will need to bring their own photographic references.

Tuition: $300
Register online at www.albrecht-kemper.org.

Lodging is available nearby for those who travel---Drury Inn, Hampton Inn, Days Inn, American Best Value Inn, Stoney Creek Hotel, Motel 6.










Comments

Popular Posts