Work in Progress

Continuing with oils on a little larger scale than previous studies, this is a 14x18 with a limited palette containing only four colors; yellow, green, violet, and white.  Only one type of brush is being used, Manet French Classic short bristle flat brush.
I am beginning to learn how to create mood as I have done with my pastel paintings. 

This piece is strongly coming together.  Composition is always one of my main ingredients.  In this piece aerial perspective is being achieved as distant shadows are lighter and closer shadows are darker. 

I always say, "elegant things in life call for delicate paintings," but even the ordinary can be interpreted into great art.  This is a scene from the top of the hill behind Krug Park castle in St. Joseph, MO.

Comments

Popular Posts