Painting Workshops by Seevers

These past couple of years I've had a number of people ask if I offer workshops.  Whether it's through messages online, meeting someone at an art show, or approached while painting en plein air.  In fact, this past Brush Creek Art Walk event, I had two people ask if I taught workshops.  My answers seem to be the usual "no," or "not at this time."  Thinking about it, maybe that time has come. 
 
Starting next spring (2016) I will begin offering painting workshops.  Small private workshops (limited to four) will be a great start; Pastel en Plein Air.  These will be informative through lecture and examples.  Each day, I will explain and demonstrate how to interpret a scene before you from start to finish in a timely and impressionistic manner.  Then, each participant will do the same under my guidance.  Elements such as choosing a composition, perspective, interpreting light and shadows, and pastel painting tools and techniques will be taught.  "Mood" and "atmospheric" seem to be the most used terms people describe and love about my work.  How to achieve this appearance will also be included.  Proper handling and framing will also be discussed in the end.
 
These private workshops may be geared toward intermediate levels.  Beginners in the pastel medium and/or plein air painting are welcome to participate.  Workshops will be organized in both St. Joseph and Kansas City.  Packets will be available with some notes and my recommendations.  Artists will need to supply their own materials, except painting surfaces---which will be provided by myself.  A supply list will be available.
 
Dates, times, locations---TBA.
 
Follow my studio facebook page to receive updates.  https://www.facebook.com/StudioBrentSeevers
Or check my website periodically for updates, www.brentseevers.com.
 
Workshops are sponsored in part by the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society (MVIS).
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts