Stems Plein Air 2016

This year's Stems Plein Air came with a lot of rain.  Literally, I think it rained/stormed almost everyday of the week artists were allowed to paint---at least that's what the forecast told us.  For an artist who was prepped to paint with pastels in this competition, that wasn't a good sign. 

Windows of opportunity had to be used and not wasted.  For my first painting, I dodged the rain drops a handful of times, packing up and seeking shelter twice due to heavy downpour.  For some of my fellow painters---well...they didn't make it, having to leave behind their work and supplies as the storm passed over. 

I didn't get as much work done as I hoped.  Two nice paintings came out of the few days I spent at the arboretum.  These are the paintings I will be submitting for jury.

Stems is an annual plein air painting competition fundraiser for the Arts and Rec. Foundation of Overland Park, KS. 


"Monet Garden"
12x16 pastel on board
2016


"Sunlit Lawns"
11x14 pastel on board
2016

Comments

Popular Posts