Exhibiting Far

Throughout this year, as I prepared and promoted my first solo exhibition in Marceline, MO, I've had many people ask me, "Why is my first exhibition so far?" For many, I can see their logic and the difficulty of understanding. But from a marketing point of view, it's fairly easy to analyse.

Yes, Kansas City and St. Joe are my focal points in exhibitions and in gaining recognition. The thing is, artists should not limit themselves to one or two cities if they are looking to succeed at a regional or national level. By limiting myself to show my artwork in KC and SJ, my markets are kept small. By showing work throughout the midwest, I am able to create a larger market of interest in my work. This is why many arists travel, participating in festivals, fairs, and exhibitions.

Comments

Popular Posts