"A Lone Tree on the Prairie"

"A Lone Tree on the Prairie"
8x10 charcoal on board
(miniature series)
2009
With the absence of colour, you can still get the effects of natural light in different shades with charcoal. As you can see, I still managed to draw the light as it shines past the lone tree and reflects off the grasses. As said once before, even the shadows contain light as it is reflected from nearby. When working in two-tones, all you worry about is light and shadow, and how they coordinate together creating the image that you are seeing. With colour, you copy how the light reflects colour from one object to another.

Comments

loriann signori said…
beautiful feel to this piece Brent.
Brent Seevers said…
Thanks. I try to get the same feel in my two-tone works as I do with my pastels.

Popular Posts