"Broadway Street, Kansas City"

"Broadway Street, Kansas City"
18x24 charcoal on board
2011
----------------------------------------------------
This is "Broadway Street, Kansas City." This is a view facing south down Broadway, just before Bartle Hall. A view of the Bartle Hall Convention Center pylons I've been wanting to do. The pylons are recognizable to any Kansas Citian, they are part of the city's skyline. Each pylon is crowned with a sculpture ("Sky Stations") by artist R.M. Fischer. I will be doing a larger picture just like this one, but in pastel. Enjoy.

Comments

...would know this spot from without the description, great drawing of the area
Brent Seevers said…
Thanks Greg. These are the first of my urban series. All of my work is done in atelier. Have not yet gone out to do en plein air, especially since I already have the equipment. Things might change this year.

Popular Posts