"Hidden Trail"

"Hidden Trail"
18x24 oil on canvas
2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic Krug Park in St. Joe has many features that show it's age.  Abandoned trails above the courtyard of the castle can be found hidden under the leaves of previous seasons.  Rarely maintained, not too many people use this area of the park.  It appears abandoned and left alone.  Even I have never been in this area of the park through all the years of coming here in my youth.  I was a little amazed at my discovery.  A few old arched light poles still stand along the covered paths where at one time it would have been lit up for night strollers---I have depicted one still standing in my painting in the background near the trails vanishing point.  Empty stands remain, marking where previous lights once stood.  It is apparent this end has been forgotten.

Comments

Popular Posts