Work in Progress (Commission)

Progress update:  Filling in the image with paint, I had a difficult time matching the color of the house.  After a while I finally came up with something close using Raw Umber, Zinc White, and some Naples Yellow.  

Here I filled in the composition with color.  Evergreen trees and shrubs in the foreground won't be added until later.


Here I added most of the windows with an under-painting.  Added more white to the sky and played around with the color of the house---which I'm not yet satisfied with.  Some areas of the house light up more than others due to the angles of the house and overcast light.  I will retouch the house color, making it less yellow.  Cobalt Blue is added to the trees in the background for a more wintry feel/look.

Overall the painting is coming along nicely.







Comments

Popular Posts