Critique---KC Plaza Art Fair

The Kansas City Plaza Art Fair was again, an interesting spectacle of the contemporary arts. 240 artists lined the streets, each exhibiting their own unique way of expressing themselves through their craft. Participating artists came from across the country, from California to New York, though it seemed many shared a similar style as if they bonded together in creation. Disappointing in a way, as I walked the line of artists, visiting one booth after another, I couldn't help but to ask myself "Where are the realists?," Where are the impressionists?" Many art booths were fun to look at and I admire the creative thought, but the work was far from anything I would be willing to hang on my walls based on my own personal preferences. When viewing such work, we all have our right to opinion, but we must remember to stay open minded, art has no limits. Only a handful of artists inspired my tastes as their work caught my attention in an instant. These artists work in the more favorable styles, as my own, and seemed to catch the eyes of onlookers with a pride to finally find something of their liking. Overall the exhibit was great and brought a large crowd as usual. I would have liked to see more realism and impressionism instead of a flooded market of the nonrepresentational style of abstractism.


If "Bizarism" is ever coined as an art form, this years Kansas City Plaza Art Fair would have been the prime example.

Comments

Popular Posts