"A Day in November"

"A Day in November"

(oil painting study)

11x14 oil on canvas

2012


--------------------------------------------


During hunting trips I often snap pictures of scenery that catch my eye. The location depicted in this painting is a (deer hunting) hot spot of mine few know about, located on the river bluffs of Monkey Mountain Conservation Area in Northwest Missouri. The reason I call it a hot spot is because there is a "deer highway" that runs through it. This spot sits between two creeks deer often follow while passing through. The image in the painting is actually looking out of the trees upward toward the top of the bluff where it is bare from any forest. That top consists of wild grasses and a maintenance road that I have painted in previous works. Deer often cross over the bluff from the trees on the other side. Though I have only harvested two deer from this location, I have seen many during each outing. I've actually had some walk right up 10 or 12 yards from my hunting blind. I'm a picky hunter, seeing quite few at a time gives me choices.

Comments

Popular Posts