Work in Progress


Another Kansas City skyline is in progress. This piece is a 12x16 oil pastel of a view from the top floor of Truman Medical Center. I caught this scene with my phone camera while visiting Brooke at work on the delivery floor (top floor) of Truman Medical Center. What caught my attention of this view was the composition and the way the light touched the skyline on the opposite side.



With this piece I am experimenting on the application process. Instead of just applying oil pastels in a dry manner, I am wet brushing the colors with Turpenoid. This helps to cover the surface below with pigment and gives it a much smoother appearance. Turpenoid is a paint cleaner used to clean brushes, it dissolves the oil base in the pastel into a more liquid form. First, I fill in the surface with the dry medium, then go over it with a paintbrush dipped in Turpenoid.

Comments

Popular Posts